This is my covering email for my objection letter which I have just sent to Rossendale and Rochdale councils. Feel free to use any of the information contained in here if you would like to raise your own objection.
Dear Messrs Robinson, Smith and Ms Coley,
I attach detailed and significant objections to this proposal which I would like to be published on both council’s planning portals for this application. In summary:
- Wind farms are white elephants which do not provide reliable energy and their costs in terms of subsidies benefit few whilst hitting the poorest in society and drawing away government funding from local council services and the NHS.
- Dangerous construction traffic will endanger lives through noise and diesel pollution and through increased likelihood of road traffic accidents.
- It will damage our natural landscape and heritage forever, as well as destroying local farming in the area.
- Extensive research shows that it will reduce local house prices by 12% on average.
- It will break the Mary Towneley Loop, which is a bridleway of national significance.
I hope that you will consider my objections carefully.
Dr. Steve Davison